Building Construction Plywoods and Its Varieties
Plywoods – a trendy product for interior decorations, home constructions and furniture making to all over the world. It is a combined thin layer of wood manufacturing material from wood veneer or plies, where ply means to layer. Plywoods, the engineered (man-made) wood board that has more than three layers of wood glued together to form into a strong density. This plywood board contains particle board or low density fibre-board (manufactured using sawdust or sawmill shavings and resin) and medium density fibre-board (manufactured as a panel by forming at a high temperature of wood fibres with wax and resin).
Types of Plywood
The varieties of building construction plywoods,
1. Softwood Plywood – the softwood plywood is made from the gymnosperm trees like pine, cedar and redwood trees, and these softwood plywoods are used for home constructions (roofing, wall, floors) and industrial purposes.
2. Hardwood Plywood – the hardwood plywood is from angiosperm trees that are manufacturing with a resin coating and gives strength, resistance and stiffness. It is used for building constructions and factories.
3. Tropical Plywood – the tropical plywood is made from combined species of tropical timber from forest areas where it is the most production and export plywood. It is a high quality product which sold at standard cost in many countries. It is also used for construction purpose as floor and concrete work.
4. Marine Plywood – the marine plywood is used in the bathroom, kitchen and subfloors to prevent from fungal and rotting due to the moisture on those areas.
5. Flexible Plywood – it is mainly using for furniture making for home and industries.
6. Decorative Plywood – it is made from ash oak, red oak, rosewood, birch and more for interior decoration and construction purpose of the home, and buildings.